Yard Winery

The Southridge Homestead, where the plaza is built around, is located on lands which were once owned by early settlers in the district.

 The house, built in 1859, was sold to Penfolds Winery in 1950 and the wine-maker lived in the house.

Today, Southridge House is the centrepiece of Southridge Plaza and offers local workers a convenient retail hub.

The scheme, based on a previously submitted DA (development application) consisted in incorporating a commercial kitchen and fit-out within the heritage-listed house. This has been carried out with the collaboration of building surveyos, and consulting engineers.

 

The final proposal was complete by camouflaging the variations from the exterior in a sense to create a quietly powerful statement of contemporary construction similar to what can be found in Byron Bay designs.

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 12.22.25 am.pn
 
 
Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 1.04.24 pm.png
Exterior 4.png
Vinery2
Interior .png
Explotada pro.png